BY MIKE LEESE
For those of you that are looking for other fun stuff to do in Omaha on your teams off days, here are some suggestions, I liked and I think you may enjoy:
* Henry Doorly Zoo……Voted one of the top in the country!
* The Durham Museum…….An amazing history Museum.
* Old Market…….Omaha preserves its historic place in time in this historic section of town where visitors can stroll along the cobbled streets and explore the many Flea markets, restaurants, and bars.
* Omaha Stormchasers……Triple AAA baseball affiliate for the Kansas City Royals, they’ll be at home from June 17-24.
* Lauritzen Gardens Omaha Botanical Center…….Beautiful and a great tour.
* Boys Town……Enjoy the grounds, gift shops, museum, and the church is great! See What Father Flanagan has created.
A FEW MONEY SAVING TIPS
GETTING TO OMAHA –
If you are flying in and finding flights priced a little bit above your budget, consider flying in and out of Kansas City. It’s only a short three-hour drive to Omaha and during the peak time, it may also be cheaper to rent a car in Kansas City.
IN OMAHA –
Consider bringing your bike! If you stay near the airport, it’s a short bike ride to the stadium, and the last two years, it had free secure bike parking.
THE BIGGEST TIP
It doesn’t really matter whether you fly or drive, or where you fly into. Whether your team is playing, or your just a fan of college athletics, you will have a great time. Once you Get to Omaha, just sit back and enjoy! The whole experience is simply awesome! The fans, the city, and the experience are amazing! Hope to see you all there!